Friday, November 7, 2008

Good things from Matt Mueller

"When Dhrumil asked me to contribute My Way I couldn't help but to crack a joke. Was he sure I was Raw enough? Didn't I go out too much and stay out too late? I'm not exactly the Raw Role Model - was he sure that I was feature worthy? It was of course a joke, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I have felt some underlying social pressure since entering the community. The pressure to put up my best and healthiest front at all times. If you have a drink sometimes, eat the occasional cooked item, or go out past your bedtime some nights... keep it hush hush - right? This is about health and being RAW! - anytime you deviate from that you're obviously not having the best day ever. Go raw or go home they say.

Maybe I am making this up and no one else has felt this but I believe one of the most important things we can do is to be authentic. To be real, open, and honest people at all times. Warts, bruises, scars and all.

It's when we open up and share our true selves with others that we can create the space to allow them to open up as well. I believe magic happens in this space. I also believe that the most important thing for a raw newcomer is to feel that this life style is a hip, fun and sexy way to live. Portraying everyone as monk, living on only sprouts, always being perfect... well that may not attract people and keep them interested the way I hope too. Gone are the days of the crunchy granola types. In are the days of sexy people, both inside and out, eating great foods and living a m a z i n g lives. "

-Matt Mueller

Read more of what Matt has to say on www.welikeitraw.com

No comments: