Sunday, November 23, 2008

Warm Food!

So lately as it keeps getting colder and colder, it's getting harder and harder to stay raw! Warm food is so much more appealing in winter. Thus, instead of trying to force myself to stay raw, I'm incorporating more cooked into my diet as of late. It's also so much more EXPENSIVE To make a salad during the winter. I paid like $3 each for a bell pepper and a cucumber at the co-op yesterday, ridiculous! My CSA basket is brimming with greens but I'm not evolved enough to be satisfied with eating straight greens...I need some help here people! So right now I'm thinking of eating more steamed greens with different herbs and spices to liven them up. I'll also continue making my RAW green smoothies etc. but I really need to up my green intake as I've mentioned time and time again. It's so dang hard though! Anyways, right now I'm aiming for 100% vegan and at least 95% organic and 75% raw. That's that for now. I'm going to New Mexico to visit my Mama tomorrow and I can't wait. I haven't been in about 10 years and I'm super excited! Gotta go stock up on some raw meal bars just in case I'm in a pinch as far as food goes. She's pretty accepting of my decision to go raw though :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: