Monday, June 9, 2008

Some Fun Raw Products

Though I do try to base my diet on simple, fresh, local, raw, organic food, every once in a while I like to spice things up by buying a raw novelty item. Here are some of my favs:

I've tried many flavors of Larabar but so far this one is the best. Pecan pie use to be one of my favorite desserts and now I have a quick and easy raw replacement!


Love Force makes a line of raw bars & breads. This is the only one I've tried so far and it's so amazing that I just keep buying it and can't bring myself to try another flavor.



Lydia's Berry Good cereal is a great transitional food. You can put it in a bowl with some fresh fruit, bee pollen, shredded coconut or whatever you like then pour some almond milk over the top and it's just like a traditional bowl of cereal (only better and better for you). I don't eat it that often anymore simply because I prefer a lighter breakfast and it's kind of an expensive habit on the college budget but I would definitely recommend it. I've also tried the cinnamon flavor which is okay but not quite as good as this flavor.


I can't quite remember the brand that makes my last two favorites but I will update this when I go to the health food store next.

The first is a brand of raw flax seed crackers. They have the perfect hickory flavorings and I just can't get enough. My roommates and friends who've tried them didn't quite get the same kick as I did so I don't know why I love them so much but I definitely do!

The last is a raw chocolate mousse. I hope to make my own soon but until then this pretty much hits the chocolate craving right over the head. It's great frozen or served with strawberries....yummy!

Okay, now that I'm officially hungry...time to do some grocery shopping :)


No comments: