Sunday, June 8, 2008

Introduction




Hello there, my name is Alicia. I'm a Californian (born and raised), third year college student, future teacher, sister, singer, so-called "hippie chick", friend, daughter, and aunt of 4 beautiful little ones. I'm also a recovering food addict and eating disorder survivor. I hate to define myself that way but that’s basically what this blog is about. I’m trying to recover from a frightening relationship with food that has lasted over 4 years. It started with a diet and when I started cutting too many calories I became physically and emotionally drained. Finally depriving my body led me to binge on highly processed carbohydrates. The guilt brought me to purging. This phase lasted just a few months, until the end of my junior year of hs. I knew I had to snap out of that vicious cycle but could never quite stop binging. I quickly gained back the 30 or so lbs I had lost with my unhealthy method of calorie restriction and have gained about 15 pounds since then. Eating a 100% raw diet is the only way I’ve ever felt at peace with my body and with food. However, for some reason I haven’t been able to commit to this way of eating and occasionally do have an episode of binge eating. I’m still roughly 30 lbs overweight but loosing the extra pounds is not my main focus. My goal is to find health and peace with food. I know that if I find that, my body will find its ideal shape. I will be blogging through my journey to track my progress. I hope to eventually show this blog to my friends and family because they don’t understand raw foodism and don’t know about my history with ED. I’m just trying to get things figured out, I’m still a work in progress.

No comments: