Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cravings

I forgot to post this in my last entry but it's a little more about the observations I've made over the past day and a half. Yesterday, when I did have cravings I was craving the WORST things (French fries, tortilla chips, bread etc). These are cravings that disappeared after my first MC but came back during my second. It's very strange how that worked. Anyways, I realized that it wasn't the flavor of these foods that I was craving but rather that I was craving a binge! I like the comfort of eating that QUANTITY of food and complex carbs are just easy to shove down. It's not that these foods are good, they're just satisfying on that level. So far today I've craved sunflower and pumpkin seeds. That just shows what Dr. G was talking about in the emotional eating section of the 811 book; when we eliminate those complex carbs and other junk, we look to fatty foods to stuff down our emotions. Wow, many things are making sense to me. I'm interested to see how my cravings will evolve on my third day of fasting. Right now I'm very sleepy, almost in a haze. I don't know if it's from sleeping too little or too much. I know I'm not getting any energy from food so that could be it. Last night I had very clear dreams like I haven't in a long time. When my alarm went off this morning I wanted to stay sleeping, not really because I felt tired but because I was so into my dreams. I use to have that feeling a lot when I was younger but I haven't in a long time.

No comments: