Sunday, October 12, 2008

Too much, sorry

I have to apologize to those who I promised daily menu plans, I just can't do it. I told myself that counting calories would be different this time because I'm doing it for totally different reasons: health, not immediate weight loss. Despite what I told myself, counting calories for any reason proved to be too reminiscent of an unhealthy mindset of the past and I just can't do that to myself. Another problem I was having with 811 is the strain it was putting on my wallet. It's a lot cheaper to get calories from dense foods like nuts and avos than it is to get them all from fruit. For that matter, it's a LOT cheaper to get those calories from top ramen so I guess how much you value your health is the real question. Can I AFFORD to spend 500 a month on food?! I digress, I don't know any answers. Dr. G's book makes a lot of sense to me though so I'll definitely be keeping his philosophies in the back of my mind. I went to the second installation of The Health Series last Thursday and we watched the film "Eating". I felt like it was a little bit of preaching to the choir but there were some interesting facts in there. The conversation after was better though. The woman who puts on the series is Marsha Vernoga. I've mentioned her in here before. She's a raw foodist and then she brought two other raw foodie friends down for a Q & A panel. As usual, I was the youngest in the room. It was cool to be able to connect with other people interested in health though. It would cool if more people my age were into it but what can you do? I guess I connect with those people on other things so it's okay. At least I have my roommate. She's doing her master cleanse now (day 6!)

No comments: