Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am rapture. I am passionate. We are bountiful.

I had dinner at Cafe Gratitude in San Fransisco last night after a day in The City with my roommates. I literally think that might have been the first time I've ever ordered an appetizer, entre AND dessert at a restaurant in my life. We started out with WE ARE BOUNTIFUL which is a platter of 2 different kinds of crackers and 4 different spreads. The dill cheese was my favorite and the olive tapenade my least. The main course was I AM PASSIONATE (marinara pizza) which was pretty good. I'm a big fan of sunflower sprouts so that was a plus. My roommates got the sushi bowl which was pretty good and the taco salad which was okay as far as I could tell but I didn't really get the full aray of flavors since I was doing my best to avoid the black beans and not get sick. The layer cake (I AM RAPTURE) was banana and chocolate. The texture was greeeattt and as I was eating it I did like the taste but it left a bad vanailla extract-y (for lack of a better word) taste in my mouth. The tiramisu that my roommate got however was INCREDIBLE. You know it's good when a commited SAD foodie says she would go raw if "all raw food was like this". Overall the food was pretty good (I know my review doesn't sound like a rave or anything but it was) and the atmosphere was so cute. Going to raw resturants is a really fun treat every once in a while although I still think that simple 811 is the way we were meant to eat.

2 comments:

RAW-VOLTA said...

Hello, Little Miss Sunshine!
Beside being lucky to be such a Beauty as YOU are , you are also fortunate to have Cafe Gratitude next to you!
I loooove their recipes and as fas as the owner - great, awesome guy!
Thank you for sharing!

Little Miss Sunshine said...

It's about 3 hours away from me so not TOO close but it's definitely a fun treat. Thanks for reading :)