Sunday, September 21, 2008

Feminine issues and the joys of modern medicine


"The white pills aren't kind"

So, you ask, who are these ugly little guys? Well my friends, it's a long painful story all beginning back in high school when I had horribly messed up periods. I'll spare you the gory details but irregular doesn't even begin to describe the pain. And of course my uninformed teenage self decides that I NEED hormones to fix my body because that's what everyone else is doing and it's the "ONLY SOLUTION". So basically last summer I finally decided that I was though messing with my body. I got a little more info on the SIDE EFFECTS of these pills and wanted to go all naturale. Well, now it's been almost a year since my last period and my roommates reinforce what I already know and tell me I need to go get it figured out. So, partially to appease them, I go to the heath center and wow, shocker, they wanna put me on MORE hormones. Now, I've been brought up to trust (to some extent) modern medicine so even though I feel like I know better now, it is still very hard to go against something that a doctor is telling me I HAVE to do. "You need to menstruate at least once every 3 months or else the lining of your blah blah blah blah blah blah... cancer". The C word is something that I don't take lightly. I have a history of it in my family so getting it FREAKKKKS me out. I tried to explain the raw foods thing to her but obviously it fell on deaf ears. So here I am with my little bottle of ugly white pills which will continue to sit on my counter, unconsumed. They did blood work to try to figure out what's wrong with me so I'm kind of hoping that it's something clearly defined that I can just solve in my own way with raw foods. I know raw foodists don't usually get a period but my only concern is that they ended before raw began. We'll see though, hopefully I can get it all figured out.

ALSO, as previously mentioned, I have a strong inclination to believe that my stomach acid levels are ALLLL messed up. I've had loads of
digestive problems as I've mentioned on numerous occasions. I thought these were directly linked to the binging (which in a way I'm sure they are) but I haven't BEEN binging and still I have SUPER bad stomach aches and am burping up nasty ass tasty acidy flavor (too much information for ya? haha). Okay so also as previously stated in other blogs, I'm TRYING to learn more about alkalizing and start eating as many alkaline foods as possible. Problem is, there's so many discrepancies with the alkaline VS acid forming list. Why can't people agree on this stuff??? It seems to me that the science of it would be pretty concede and there wouldn't be a lot of room for disagreement. Shows how little I know. I bought some little pH test papers so I'm gonna start testing myself and see how that goes. In the meantime I'll be handling the tummy aches as they come (IE- right effing NOW!) and trying to do the best I can. No toxic thoughts or energy though. We KNOW those are acid forming, no discrepancies there. DETOX starts tomorrow by the way. Twenty dollars with of lemons are juiced up in my fridge and revin' to go! :-))

No comments: