Wednesday, September 3, 2008

UPDATE


It's been a while since I updated so here's what's up...


I'm in the middle of my second week of school. I have a lot of my plate (no pun intended) this semester. I'm only taking 12 units which is the lightest load I've had since I've been here (this will be my third year of college) but I'm also working 30 hours a week (between 5 jobs), volunteering 5 hours (boys and girls club and the local co-op) and trying to get back into doing voice coaching since singing has been something I've always loved but never really devoted sufficient attention to. I went home for labor day weekend and manged to eat 100% raw although not very organic. Still, it was definitely cool to know I could do it and "come out" as raw to my friends and family. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Backtracking a little bit, last Thursday as part of my volunteer working membership with the co-op I helped work a really cool lecture called "The Health Robbers" which discussed the dangers of highly processed foods (DUH) and talked about what foods were best for you. The lecturer was Marsha Vernoga; a raw foodist which was pretty cool considering I've actually met very few others in person. Her lecture was very interesting but talking with her about her raw food journey was probably the best part of the evening. She was very sick and healed herself with raw foods. In sad news, the organic raw restaurant in my town had to close down. I guess it's just not the market for that sort of thing here. I feel bad for not supporting it more although I know I couldn't have single-handedly saved it. I did find out about Empire Coffee; a fair-trade organic coffee shop that's in an restored antique cable car by the greyhound station so I'll definitley be checking that out shortly.

That's all for now! :)

No comments: