Monday, September 15, 2008

A new way to look at the "slip-ups"

As I've mentioned in previous blogs, my inclination to try to make a strict routine for myself has caused me to have a lot of "slip-ups". For years I had such an all or nothing attitude. I'd make a rule for myself (drink 8+ cups of water every day, go for a job every morning, make a green smoothie every day etc. etc.) and I'd keep to it for a while but eventually I'd forget one day and then the routine was completely ruined and I was so down on myself for "failing". Even going 100% was like that at first. I was 100% for 3 weeks then I binged like crazy at the end of it because I had been so restrictive. Now I'm finally starting to figure some things out about myself and my life. Some days I'm NOT going to be able to get up and make a green smoothie. Some days I won't have time to exercise and some days I won't be 100% raw. I want to look at those times as an opportunity to notice the differences my choices are making for my body. For example, if I'm exercising regularly and then one day don't have time time, I'll take that opportunity to notice the difference it makes. Am I more tired or hungry on days when I can't work out? Then it'll make me more motivated on those days when I can do the things that are best for me. It's just a way to turn the negative into a positive and not be so hard on myself.





No comments: