Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Socrates was one smart dude


“All I know is that I know nothing”

Amen to that my friend! I swear, the more I try to educate myself, the more confused I am. Why does everything in raw foodism, nutrition and medicine have to conflict with eachother!?!?!?

The period issue for example. Here are two articles that say COMPLETELY opposite things about it.
One says no period = return to natural state of being the other says hormonal imbalance/lack of proper nutrients = no period = cancer.

Well crap! If those are my options I guess I'll take what's behind door number one please. Is that what choosing a health plan has come down to? Selecting the truths that are most convenient and tell us what we want to hear?? That's how it seems sometimes. I just wish that people would at least stop PRETENDING to have answers and acknowledge that we're all just trying to do the best we can to figure out the ideal way to eat/live/treat ourselves. We need to be able to listen to eachothers ideas without A. Blindly accepting them as truth OR B. Dismissing them because their inconvenient.

It's hard for me because I acknowledge my lack of background information in the medical field and accept that I'm not willing to devote my life to finding answers/cures/solutions for this problem. On the other hand, I have a hard time trusting modern medicine to do this research and find answers for me. So where am I left? For now, I choose to identify myself as a seeker of truth with the ability to accept that I will never find it absolutely. Rock on Socrates!

No comments: